Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Roman Holiday

In December I was lucky enough to go to Italy's capital, Rome. I completely fell in love with the city. I visited the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps and the Vatican. It was not too expensive to go actually and only a 4 hour bus ride. I went with my friend Lilly and we stayed in a hostel called The Yellow, it was cheap and had some pretty interesting people. Here are some pictures from Rome:
Inside our room in the hostel. In front of the Colosseum.
Inside the Colosseum

 I was amazed by its beauty.
 Imagining all the Romans being here back in the day....daaaaang. Wish I could have seen that!




 This is why people don't mess with me.  I may seem sweet...but I puts it down when I have to!
 Me and Lil
Beautiful
 Foro Romano
 The Trevi Fountain.
Christmas lights decorating the streets of Rome - Appropriately green, white, and red.

 The Vatican!!!


 Looking out to St. Peter's Square
 The enterance

 Pietá - My favorite sculpture done by Michelangelo. I was beyond happy to visit this piece again.




 Lilly and I in front of the Spanish Steps

 Look at all the tourists. Rome is a beloved city to all.
 Me at the top of the Spanish Steps


 Harry Potter is world wide and Italians love HP as much as everyone else. So much they decided to have a HP flash mob in one of Rome's busiest piazzas.

This trip definitely left me wanting to visit Rome again. It would be nice to spend more than just a couple of days exploring the city. I couldn't have asked for a better holiday. :)

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment